Today, I'm going to share with you my recipe for Chicken Fried Rice. Tasty and quick, you'll want to make sure you have a pair of chopsticks on hand.
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 large Chicken Breast
1 c. Rice (white or brown- up to you!)
1 c. Water
1 c. Chicken Broth (or Stock)
1 Tbsp. Butter
Pinch of Salt
3/4 c. Frozen Peas
La Choy Teriyaki Sauce
1. In a large pot, combine the rice, water, chicken broth, salt, and butter (1 Tbsp.).
Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and turn heat down to low. Let cook for amount of time
on package. Set aside when done.
**Brown rice takes longer than white rice in case you didn't know**
2. Cube the chicken breast into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Melt the rest of the butter in a large pan, and add chicken breast. Cook until
opaque, and no longer pink on the inside.
4. Pull cooked chicken out of pan, and put aside.
5. Take the rice, and place into pan that chicken was just cooked in. Let rice
cook in pan for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in frozen peas, and let cook for a minute (literally a minute).
7. Add back the cooked chicken. Stir in teriyaki sauce and soy sauce.
**Add however much teriyaki you would like. I use about 1/2 the bottle**
8. Let cook for a minute or 2, being sure to coat all of the rice in the teriyaki
and soy sauce.
Dinner is served.
Totally tasty, and only takes about 30 minutes to cook all of the ingredients (or an hour and 15 minutes if using brown rice.) I make extras and heat it up in a pan or the microwave for lunch the next day (GREAT for leftovers).
Pull out the chopsticks and enjoy some chinese for dinner tonight! All you need now is the fortune cookies.