Ooo, shoes

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Night Sweets

Saturday Night. The weekend before midterms for Summer Quarter. Know what that means?

That's right. I am barricading myself in my room for the next few days. Which also means I need to stock up on some snackage.

So, for this Saturday Night Sweets, I am going to share with you all 4 tasty snacks that will keep you going through that all-nighter that is always inevitable in college (or for you to go grab on that daily midnight snack run to the fridge).

Get in your comfy pants kiddies. It's time to cook up!

Jalapeno Poppers by Iron Woman

I know, they're not sweet. But these are one of those foods that I LOVE to have on hand for when I need a spicy pick-me-up when I'm burning the midnight oil on a project that's due the next day. And, if you're not a spicy food type of person, you can try these with poblano peppers! Poblanos are an awesome beginner pepper with just a slight bit of heat.


Fresh Fruit Tarts by PanNan
Definitely tasty, and it's a versatile food! If you don't like kiwi, just switch it in for strawberries! If you don't like strawberries, switch in peaches! If you don't like any of those fruits, what is wrong with you?! (I kid, I kid!)

But this is one thing that just even LOOKS tasty. Why not give it a shot??


This is one of those things that I remember my mom making a good couple times when I was a kid. And yes, it is one of those things that I still crave as a young adult.


If you have a major sweet tooth, this is guaranteed to help get rid of it in just a short amount of time (basically a single bite will make even the biggest sweet junkie call it good).











And finally:

Pistachio Salad (also called Watergate Salad)
Personally, I have had this stuff more times than I can count, as well as made it a good few times. It's easy, AND tasty. You need:

1 box Instant Pistachio Pudding
1 small can Fruit Cocktail, drained
1 container Cool Whip
1 bag Mini Marshmallows

1. Mix the pudding as directed on the box, and let sit in the fridge until just set.
2. Fold in the rest of the ingredients, and put back in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.

VOILA!! You have successfully made Pistachio Salad. See why my family makes it so much?


Check out this book for more recipes that even non-cookers can cook (unless you have seriously burnt water) ----->The Starving Students' Cookbook
The Starving Students' Cookbook

What do you guys like to make for an all-nighter or a late night study session?

No comments:

Post a Comment