Ooo, shoes

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cupcakes, Cookies, and Cheese. Oh my!

As any woman will tell you, there is one day, out of one week, out of EVERY month, where we CRAVE specific foods.
For some of us, it's sweets (chocolate bar please?).

For others, a specific type of food.

And then, there are those of us where we crave a mixture of things, or ANYTHING sounds good.

I fall in the latter.

Give me something sweet, some sort of pasta, and something I can pour a bottle of hot sauce on, and all is right in the world.

Now, since I know the majority of us have a sweet tooth anyways, having something sweet on hand the majority of the time is a must (of course, in moderation). So, today, I am sharing with you all a couple recipes that are amazing to have on hand for when the cravings attack. Hope you all enjoy them!

Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


 

This is a little recipe that I came up with myself when I didn't want regular chocolate chip cookies.

Ingredients
2 1/4 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt

2 sticks of butter, softened
3/4 c. White Sugar
3/4 c. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract (I like vanilla in my cookies)
2 eggs

2 cups (or 1 regular size package) White Chocolate Chips
1 pkg. Ocean Spray Cherry Craisins

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
3. In a large bowl, place the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
Using a mixer (here is a good one if you don't have one:KitchenAid K45SS Classic 250-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer,), mix until well blended.
4. Add eggs, mixing one in at a time until well blended.
5. Mix in dry ingredients in 3 increments. Mix through until well blended.
6. With a SPOON (you will jam your mixer), mix in the white chocolate chips and craisins.
7. Roll out into about 1-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet (Good brand: Calphalon Classic Bakeware 14-by-17-Inch Cookie Sheets 2-Pack).
*you can fit 12 onto a sheet*
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until just set in the center.
Cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.

Now, I can't tell you exactly how many this will make, but it should make anywhere between 3 dozen and 4 dozen cookies (depending on how big you make them).



Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes

  

These are amazing! Definitely worth trying out.



Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheesecake

  

I can honestly say that I have successfully made this recipe twice. It is sooooo good. Just be careful! It is addictive. (I have this brand of pan, and it works every time: Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan, 10 Cup, 9 Inch)

I hope you all enjoy these awesome treats! And have a great day!

1 comment: