You can watch a video and read the recipe here
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended.
Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in sifted ingredients.
Pour into prepared loaf pans.
4. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove
loaves from pans and cool. Chill before slicing.
Serve with whipped cream and ribbons of zucchini (optional).
Definitely tasty, and definitely worth the time it takes to bake. Putting it together is pretty easy. The only thing that is tough is waiting out the time it takes to have the loaves cool before digging in!